Saturday, September 12, 2009

Pictures First:
Thursday evening Rece decided he would open up the last 3 bananas I had! They were getting a little brown anyways, so I decided I would just make banana chocolate chip muffins! This was the first time I let Rece help me bake. The following photo's will show you why!


Mashing the banana's was fun......

.....but eating them was better!
(don't worry, we only fed the muffins to our family!)



The following day I was making Chocolate Chip cookies. Since I was planning on giving some away I decided to give Rece a more sanitary job.

Meet Rece......# 1 Chocolate Chip tester!


Once again I have failed to keep our blog up to date! Can I please use the "I have 4 children" excuse once again????
School has of course started, and though I never dreamed I would say it......I really was sad to see Sawyer and Soren go back! Sawyer is in 3rd grade this year, which just blows my mind! When did that happen? He continues to love to read, and daily comes home with all kinds of fun facts about plants, animals and the solar system to share with our family! Soren is in 1st grade. He is in a K-1 class again this year. It has been so good for him. Last week he was so excited to come home and tell me that he was able to help one of the Kindergarten girls write an "S"! Last year Soren wanted to drop out after his first day of Kindergarten, so I was a little worried how this year would go. He came home after the first day and told me that school was "awesome!" Ahhh.......such a relief!

Rece continues to have physical therapy and speech therapy. He is improving in all area's, but still continues to struggle with balance and with his speech. We should be finding out in the next week or so if he is going to be eligible for Early Childhood through the school once he turns 3 in Nov. He would be able to get his PT and Speech through the school at no cost to us. Which is HUGE! Don't even get me started on how I feel about putting my 3 year old on a bus and sending him off to school! There have already been quite a few tears over this! But I know it is what is best for him, and will help him so much in his progress.
Last week we took Roen to the Waismen Center to see the genetic specialist that we have been seeing with Rece. In the past few months we have noticed Roen having some of the same issues as Rece. Dr. Rice confirmed what we expected.......Roen also has low muscle tone. Roen is almost 15 months, and still is not walking or crawling normally. He also has some major feeding issues, which are improving, thankfully! (he has been seeing a Feeding Specialist for the past couple months and just last week ate a Grahm Cracker by himself!!!) We had lots of blood work done, which we should know the results of in the next couple of weeks. For now, it is a bit of a mystery as to why two of our children have low tone and 2 do not. For now we are just resting in the fact that these boys were created by a PERFECT LOVING GOD who does NOT make mistakes! They are who they are and HE loves them even MORE than we can comprehend!




















2 comments:

Kathy said...

yay a new blog!

I love the pics, Rece is so cute!

We have been praying for Roen daily!
Love you guys!

The Bailey's said...

I love that Rece is a little baker! Or baking tester :)