Friday, September 18, 2009

100th Post!!!!!!!!!!

We had a little reason for Celebration in the Williams' House today!

This video may seem like no big deal, but for Roen it is huge! Because of his low muscle tone, he has had some major feeding issues. At 15 months, he is just starting to eat some chunkier table food. I still have to run most of what he eats through the food processor. Today I decided to try some small chunks of bananas with him. Be glad I do not have video of the first bite he took!!!! Let's just say, lot's of gagging and, well......let's just leave it at that! He does not like using his fingers so I gave him a small fork. He was so excite to stab the food (though his aim is awful!) and attempt to get it in his mouth (again, not so good on the aim!)! After he was done with the banana we moved on to some Mac & Cheese which he did great with! This child is truely teaching me to cherish the little "blessings" in life! I am sure the neighbors were wondering what all the cheering was for!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay Roen! Great progress...keep plugging on Nicki. It just takes time and lots of experiences like that to have him feel more comfortable with different foods/textures. You were so patient with him and that makes a huge difference!!