Sunday, January 6, 2008

Catch up blog......

Wow! It has been way too long since I have added to this blog. I am sorry to those of you who check it and it has been that same old ugly picture of Stephen's Carolina Panther's jersey! Please forgive me! I will attempt to catch you up on our last two weeks!


We decided to have our little family Christmas on the 23rd. Church was canceled because of a snow storm, and there is no rule that says you HAVE to have Christmas on Christmas. On Christmas Eve Stephen decided to do some "cooking" with the boys. Now......this always worries me a bit! Ok, I actually go into full panic mode! None the less, I agreed to allow this crazyness as long as they cleaned up the mess. And boy, was there a mess!
Here are a few pictures of them making "mud hats" or "buckeye's". They are peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate.



Christmas day we went to my mom's for brunch and then to open gifts. Sawyer got a experiment book from my sister's family. He loves science!


Soren got John Deere P.J's from my parents. He is my dad's best hope for a future farmer!

Sawyer and Soren with 2 of my sister's girls, Elena and Corina.


My brother had just gotten a Wii. This is my grandma bowling! It was so funny, but she got a strike almost every time she bowled!

Our boys all got the stomach flu this past week. Soren was sick on New Year's day. Here he was having a bad attitude because I told him he had to rest. He put the blanket over his head and fell asleep for about an hour!

Sawyer was sick on the 30th, his 7th birthday. He really wanted to open his presents so we let him........with frequent breaks to use the puke bucket! I felt so bad for him.


Thankfully, Sawyer was able to have his "Friends Birthday Party" on the 29th before he got sick. We took him and three friends, plus his brother to a water park for a few hours.

Sawyer and his friend, Brayden


His very cool cake.

So that pretty much sums up our last couple of weeks. Soren is having surgery tomorrow morning to have a tube put back in one ear. Rece is also suffering from and ear infection right now. Our lives are NEVER boring! I am so thankful that I can rest in the fact that the Lord is in complete control over our lives, and by His grace I make it through with out loosing my mind!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Nicki!! I've missed hearing from you and have been thinking of you often. And yes, I have been one of those who keeps checking your blog for updates!

We too have had the stomach sickness, I'm still getting over it. Thanks for the pictures and updates, it was great to hear all about your holidays.

Also, how are YOU feeling? with all this going on I hope you are getting enough rest and taking care of yourself! talk to you soon, love, kathy

Jason, Angie and Brady said...

Great pics - I especially love Grandma and the wii!!